Monday, May 12, 2008

I have the SATC premiere pictures!






The event of the night is in London, as I mentioned in the previous post. I am dying to watch the movie, but wasn't invited to the premiere =\. I hope I find it in the internet and don't have to wait 'til June, 6th (when it begins to be exihibited on the Brazilian big screens).

Before I talk about the gowns, I wanted to share a point: why isn't the premiere in New York? Never been in London, I want badly to visit the place, I have nothing against London at all (seriously!). However, the show has a sintony with the Big Apple that is undescritible, and the SATC girls need the city, just as much the city need them! For the most expected SATC event, the girls went to London?!?! Come on! I guess the the movie big bosses wanted to think outside the box, and ended up thinking without the box (I mean without their heads).

No more bitching about the city choice, my personal favourite dress was Cinthia Nixon's. She is wearing a black mettalic Calvin Klein and looks sexy and beautiful. I love it because, Miranda doesn't wear sexy clothes often, she wears pretty clothes, but is always so repectable that nobody can't take her seriously at work (witch is great fot her professional orthodoxy environment, that I identify with).

I haven't decided if I like Sarah Jessica Parker outfit. I have read that she looks like a pineapple, I couldn't avoid a little giggle. She is wearing Alexander McQueen, that she worships and I do it too, and has Philip Treacy on her head. The look screams Carrie and not Sarah.

Kim Catrall surprised me with a more fashionista look than she is used to present herself. Her look is signed by Vivienne Westwood, the cut is great, but I don't quite agree with the fabric choice, that seems too tough and doesn't hugs well her fabulous body.

Kristin Davis was no surprise at all, in a good way. She wore a vintage red chiffon Guy Laroche Couture dress and looked pretty and classic (very Charlotte-like), but didn't wow anyone.

About the red, Kim and Kristin must have followed the big RED trend set by the Oscars. For me, their color-choice wasn't the wisest, just because SATC must be avant-gárde and trend-setter, not trend-follower.

No comments: